Hibernian v Motherwell

Hibernian v Forfar Farmington

Hibernian v Celtic

Hibernian v Rangers

Hibernian v Spartans

Hibernian v Stirling University

Hibernian v Glasgow City

Hibernian v Forfar Farmington

Hibernian v Hamilton Academical

Spartans vs Forfar Farmington

Despite a fantastic second half effort, Forfar Farmington were defeated 3-1 on Sunday by Spartans after playing over an hour with ten players.

Alana Marshall put the hosts ahead with a debatable penalty and Amy Gallacher grabbed a quickfire equaliser before Robyn Smith was sent off for an alleged kick. Mark Nisbet’s side defended well in the second half but Mariel Kaney and Katie Reilly ensured the three points stayed at Ainslie Park.

Nisbet made two changes from the side that lost to Celtic the week before, Tori Sousa and Lindsey Dunbar dropping to the bench with Gemma Collier and Holly Napier replacing them.

Farmington had the first chance of the game in the 7th minute when Louise Magilton fired weakly at Eartha Cummings.

Spartans had a good chance to take the lead nine minutes later when Trish McLaughlin found herself inside the box but Fiona McNicoll denied her and it was eventually cleared. The resulting counter attack saw Amy Gallacher set up Napier; the midfielder’s effort deflected into the arms of the keeper.

In the 19th minute Gallacher had an opportunity of her own but she could only fire just wide.

The hosts opened the scoring two minutes later after Robyn Smith was adjudged to have fouled an attacker inside the box and Alana Marshall stepped up to fire the penalty home.

Four minutes after going behind Farmington were level; Amy Gallacher raced onto a loose ball after Bobbie Beveridge was slow in reacting and the Scotland U19 winger made her way into the box before coolly slotting past Eartha Cummings.

In the 27th minute, Forfar were dealt a massive blow. The referee had given Farmington a free kick in front of their dugout but the linesman alleged that Smith had a kick at a player off the ball. After consulting him, the referee sent Smith off, much to the surprise of the players of both sides, management and many of the supporters in attendance.

Farmington were forced to defend time and time again in the second half and did so impressively until the 60th minute when Mariel Kaney forced the ball home following a goalmouth scramble.

Ten minutes later Spartans sealed the win when their captain Katie Reilly lashed the ball home after latching on to a through ball from Kaney.

Substitute Lindsey Dunbar had a chance to make it an interesting injury time when Kayleigh Noble’s cross was laid off for her by Sousa, her shot pushed away by a scrambling Cummings.

The side now have a break from league action when they entertain Hibernian next Sunday at Station Park in the Scottish Women’s Premier League Cup Quarter Final.