- Current Team
- Forfar Farmington
Qualifications: SFA C Licence, Physical preparation Adult/Youths, Youth Pathway 1.1 to 1.3
John returned to Forfar Farmington in December 2015 to join Mark Nisbet’s coaching staff after a one year lay off from the club, having previously committed nine seasons to the youth side and also assisting with the senior side.
John also leads the development of the player pathway at the club concentrating on players from 13+ with the task of preparing the Farmington youth for senior football.
A dedicated and committed coach who has vast experience in youth football, John is also the head coach for the Boys and Girls Club Scotland U19’s boys team which competes in the Red Cross cup against Wales annually.
Best thing about coaching: watching players achieve their goals, aims and recognition at club and national level.
Training specialties: Engagement, encouragement and discipline to get the players to play to full potential
- Youth Coach at Forfar Farmington FC 2005 -2014
- SWPL Coach at Forfar Farmington 2010 – 2013
- SWPL Coach at Forfar Farmington FC 2015-Present
- U19 Boys Head Coach at BGC 2011 -Present
- SFA Performance Coach 2009 – 2013
- Kirrie Youth U19 Coach 2010-2011
- Forfar Albion JFC Coach 2009 to 2012